Is it me or did March feel like the longest month ever?
Maybe it was because of the quarantine, or all that depressing news about the corona virus pandemic. Either way, the month of March felt never ending [in a not so good way]. Here we are in April and I am getting a feeling that it will be another long month for us.
Schools are still shut down until May 1st – at least in Sacramento – and for the most part, lock-down is still in place. I am trying to keep my girls entertained and myself sane during all this. Even though some days are better than the others, it is very difficult to continue day to day with an overcast of fear and uncertainty.
Keeping some sense of normalcy in our daily lives is the best way to get through the current crisis. Therefore, without further delay, let’s go over some of my April monthly goals.
March Goals Revisited.
1. Read 2 books – I could only read 1 but I have started the second one already.
2. Blog once a week – I already have it planned out in my editorial calendar, and have a few drafts going on Evernote as well. Done – blogged more personal stories and several times last month.
3. Get Arya’s kindergarten admission finalized. Done – paperwork stuff submitted – just waiting to hear back. Closed school district is not helping!
4. Finish both my classes – I am taking a Project Management and Intro Computer Science course to build on some job skills. – Done
5. Start drinking green smoothie for breakfast on vegetarian days. – Couldn’t do this on every vegetarian day.
6. Self-care – get my hair done and get a new hair curling iron also. The salon was closed due to the lock-down so couldn’t get it done. And I have already ordered my new curling iron. 😊
April Monthly Goals
1. Do one playful activity with the girls daily – their choice.
2. Cook at least one new recipe this month.
3. Continue my low sugar diet going.
4. Purge my closet [honestly, I don’t hoard stuff because I donate/toss things frequently].
5. Do some exercise for at least 30 minutes a day.
How are you handling everything during this crisis? Do you have any goals for this month?